Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hello, again

Wow. It's been more than a year. I think I should be embarrassed, but I'm not. It has been a year of change, to say the least.

For the few of you that aren't immediate family - those by blood or those chosen - I'll catch you up to date on what has been going on in my life. Family, you can skip ahead, catch up with me towards the end so I can share with you where I am going, and the path I plan to take.

My job with the Bear Park ended in June of 2011. My Mom was diagnosed with cancer in July of 2011. I started back to school, full time, in August of 2011. Mom passed away January 9th 2012. It has been a whirlwind of a time, helping Dad with sorting through a house full of stuff, being in school and just life.

My brother, Kirk, got married in July. It was joyous time with lots of friends and family celebrating with him and his bride Anna.

The family has reconnected with my middle brother, Kevin. He's changed so much and it has been a wonder to get to know him again.

I'm a photography student at a local-ish technical college. Yeah, I know. I've been a photographer of some type for 25+ years, but when you decide at 50 you finally want a degree isn't it best to go with what you know? I'm learning new stuff. I am holding on to a lot of practices that I learned with film, digital is almost too easy - but photoshop is scary!

I think I want to do travel photography and writing, but I love taking pictures of products and food as well. We'll see where I end up, probably taking pictures of babies and puppies!

That's all that's been happening, for now. Dad and I took an epic trip last week, and I will be adding pics and stories in the next few days. At least once I recover from driving 2000 miles in 6 days!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

share sini http://bit.ly/1lmUb9V