Friday, May 22, 2020

Catching up

Let's play a little speed round catch up so you have a little inkling of an idea of what I'm rambling about.
My Mom passed in January 2012. We spent many months helping Dad clean out the house. Mom was a borderline hoarder. We had 11 yard sales in 7 months. Yep, you read that right. We were still living 3 hours away, it wasn't easy.

Flash forward a few years. Dad had a few health scares and in August of 2016 we decided to combine households. None of us wanted to move into the others domain, so it was decided to move from Demorest GA and Hendersonville NC to Dunnellon, FL.We had a few adventures along the way, there will be stories, but only whenever I remember them.

Dad passed in July of 2018. It was tough. His heart finally gave out. My brother Kevin was nearby and had spent the few days before with Dad. Nestor, of course, was my rock.
I went on my own solo adventure, visiting Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas in September. Then our entire world was rocked in November of 2018.

November 12, 2018 started off normally. On his way home from work, Nestor suffered a stroke. I got him to the hospital where his blood pressure was so high they thought the cuff was broken. He's recovering, not as fast as he would like, but the progress is astounding.

So, that's the last eight years in a few sentences. I figured I'd get the not so good stuff out of the way, so we could enjoy the rest. I'll leave you with this picture of most our family taken in July of 2012 when Kirk and Anna were married.

💖 Sharon

No comments: