Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday, again


It was sooooo slow at work today, so I decided to shut down the store 2 hours early. Bad for my paycheck, but good for my soul.
It's a coolish day, windows are open and the treehouse is abuzz with hummingbirds, butterflies and a host of other winged creatures. I can feel my batteries recharging.
I made a soup in the crockpot yesterday that was a definite keeper. We grocery shop once a month, so we are down to the "what am I gonna do with thats". I tossed together a half bag of Italian meatballs, a bag of frozen soup veggies, a box of chicken stock and a can of diced tomatoes with garlic, basil and oregano. I added salt and pepper, as well. It simmered all day, and about 30 min before we wanted to eat I tossed in a quarter box of pasta and left it to cook. I grated some Parm over the top when I served and WOW! Very filling, and oh so good! We had some garlic bread, but it wasn't necessary.
What is your best throw together meal? I need to get out of my cooking rut.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your soup sounds yummy. I may have to try it once our weather cools back down. it is a very humid 75 right now with showers and thunderstorms in the area.
Hugs, iris

Tami said...

Dropping by to tell you that I have really been enjoying your blog! Because of that, I have given you an award for it! You can see it here: http://tamiskitchentabletalk.blogspot.com/2008/09/my-first-blog-award.html

Thanks!
Tami

Wendy said...

You always were a good cook. Your pictures are the best. Thanks for sharing. I love your blog!