Monday, September 15, 2008


Well, it's Monday again. Wherever did the week go??? It's not a Moanday, for a change. I have tomorrow off, and I'll be travelling north to Hendersonville to visit my folks. It's been about 2 months since I last made the trip, so I am looking forward to the visit, but not the trip. It's a 3 hour trip each way, but worth it to see Dad and Mom. I think my youngest brother will be there, as well. Say a prayer that he gets work soon.

It's dark out as I write this. The moon is full, so there is illumination. The deck boards on the treehouse are cream colored, so there is plenty of reflection. It's a time of reflection for me, so the brightness is helping me see things more clearly. Fall coming always does this to me. I am ready for the fall colors, the heartier foods, the time spent outside. An added bonus this fall is that my sister by heart and her husband will be visiting in late October. A 40+ year friendship is something to be nurtured, even if it's by email, skype and IM. We haven't shared a hug in more than 2 years, so I am beside myself hurrying the month along.

Spot is under my chair, head butting my leg. It's almost treat time and I think she wants my attention. I swear that cat can tell time! She hates daylight savings time, I'm certain she thinks we change the time just to annoy her. I'll type more tomorrow, and hopefully I'll have some pics from the trip to share.

No comments: