Tuesday, September 9, 2008


We've had a bit of rain, finally. I am sitting at the dining room table watching the afternoon fly-in. The cardinal family is back. Baby is learning to land on the feeder but still hasn't mastered the food getting part. Mama rewards him with a few bits and they fly off to the oak tree to rest and try again. Papa is sitting on the end of the hammock chirping at his family, as if to say "Come on baby, I know you can do it!".

Spot is happily sitting on the chair watching the comings and goings. The chickadees love coming to the window sill to get a closer look. I think they know she isn't going to get them, but Spot sure tries. I think there is a permanent noseprint on the window.

A few leaves further down in the woods have changed to red. Fall is coming and I am ready for it. I've pulled out a bit of fall decor and the wreathes for the doors, but with it still being in the upper 80's it seems too soon. I've noticed the stores are full of fall candles, and the baking aisles seem to be bulked up, ready for holiday treats.

I've got a pot roast in the crockpot, with potatoes and carrots. It's nice to come home to the smell of supper. I think I'm going to settle into the glider and watch the next thunderstorm roll in.

No comments: