Sunday, November 16, 2008

That time of year


The weather has turned blustery and cold. The treehouse has few leaves left. We can now see the neighboring houses. Thoughts turn to warm soups, spicy chili and crockpots full of casseroles.
It's also time to start thinking of the holiday goodies I want to make. It's been a long time since I've had help as willing as the guy in the picture! (Sorry, Son) I always have great thoughts of all I want to do, all I want to bake and then reality sets in. There are a few must do's, and those have gotten fewer over the years. New goodies have been added as our family has grown. It's not Christmas without Mice, or fudge so decadent I have to hide it from myself. Espresso Brownies, homemade candy, and spiced nuts. Wedding cookies, cathedral window cookies, rum balls. Grandma's cough drops need to be started this week. They are vodka soaked cherries. She'd eat one, start coughing and need another one to stop coughing! LOL
I need to go pull out the recipe file and start planning. What are you in the mood for?

1 comment:

Tami said...

Grandma's cough drops sound really good! ;) Funny story with the name!