Thursday, February 17, 2011

Changes

Sometimes you just have to take a step back and see where you need to go. I'm making personal changes, some things I should have taken care of long ago.

As 50 comes speeding toward me I've become more happy with who I am, how I do things and the people I spend time with. I've allowed some toxic people and things to hold sway over me and I've cut the cord on a lot of them. I am getting healthier for me, that is both in body and mind.

I've let some "friendships" drop, when I realized I was doing all the work. I know whom I can call at 2 am and they will be here for me, no questions asked. We may not talk every day or even once a week, but I know you are there. Thank you.

I've dropped a few blogs that I had been in the habit of reading. I just didn't like what they had become, or that which was written was no longer relevant. I feel lighter for it.

I'm making dietary changes. It's hard! I don't beat myself up when I make a choice that I know could be better. I'm still gonna live life.

2011 is an awesome year for me. I turn 50, Nestor and I celebrate our 30th anniversary, Colleen will be having a baby girl, Wendy turns 40, Mom turns 70, Topher graduates high school and Justin and Paula will be celebrating one year of married bliss.  All of this is the result of changes, big and small. I can't hardly wait for what happens next!

No comments: